Friday, May 24, 2019

Weekly Email - 6 May 2019

Hi

I hope your all doing good. My week was great we worked really hard and were exhausted at the end of each day! This week we started retracting (knocking doors) again in areas we finished and we found 3 new people to teach and gave 10 Book of Mormons away. It's been good to work hard and talk to everyone and improve everyday. The past week or so I have been really thinking a lot about the question what is my personal relationship with Jesus Christ? And I have been thinking about it as I read in the Book of Mormon. And there is a chapter that I think really heads it off. Mosiah chapter 5 to me is all about knowing our Shepherd because that is an essential thing to do. We need to know who to look to and how to look for a remission of our sins and to receive full and lasting salvation. In Mosiah 5, I love verse 13 which says 

"for how knoweth a man the master whom he has not served and who is a stranger unto him, and is far from the thoughts and intents of his heart?" 

Do we have Him close to the thoughts and intents of our hearts at all times? Are we trying to be like Jesus and follow in His ways at all times, in all things, and in all places that we may be in even until death, that we may numbered with those of the first resurrection, and receive everlasting life? Is the way we act, what we say, what we think, and the way we treat others that way the Savior of us all would? I invite you to ponder what your personal relationship with the savior is KNOW and think what you would like if to become and DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. We must act now. As President Eyring says "there is a danger in the word someday, because what it means is not this day" my friends and family don't procrastinate the day of your salvation and repentance. Act now and let the Atonement of Jesus Christ take effect and guide you. I know He lives and thinks of us all individually and lovingly and wants us to become better than we were yesterday. In His name whom we all need to look for salvation and exaltation and to make our weakness strength. In the name of Jesus Christ amen.

Love Elder West

No comments:

Post a Comment