Sunday, October 6, 2019

Weekly Email - 2 September 2019

This is my spiritual thought email this week. Enjoy!
 
Before my mission I worked at a garden center, and I was responsible for taking care of the trees. And sometimes the trees would not sell for a while so they would keep growing and get to big for the pot. So what I would need to do if take a tree and use a big knife and cut around the edge of the pot so that the roots are not attached to the pot. Then I would have to rip it our of the pot and start cutting the roots, pulling at them, and moving them to places that they did not want to be. They were used to the old pot they had been in for a long time. Then after I would tear up the roots I would bring over a bigger pot and put nice new soil in it and fertilizer and I would then put the tree into that pot. Now with more capacity to grow to become bigger, stronger, and better the tree was now worth more. This is like our lives. We are all getting "torn up" daily with little and big things, but we must recognize that we have more potential now, we have more space to grow now, and we have more tools and things that will help us grow and be more effective.
 
Love Elder West

No comments:

Post a Comment